1. High benefit
The high economic benefits of container transportation are mainly reflected in the following aspects:
1) Simplify the packaging and save a lot of packaging costs. In order to avoid damage to the goods in transit, strong packaging is necessary, and the strong and airtight nature of the container is an excellent packaging in itself. The use of containers can simplify the packaging, and some even do not need to be packaged, so as to realize the unpackaged transportation of groceries, which can greatly save the packaging cost.
2) Reduce cargo damage and poor cargo, and improve freight quality. Since the container is a strong and sealed box, the container itself is a strong package. After the goods are boxed and sealed, there is no need to unpack and reload the goods on the way, and the goods in the box are not easily damaged even after long-distance transportation or multiple repacking. Container transportation can reduce cargo damage and cargo shortage caused by theft, dampness, staining, etc., and because of the reduction of cargo damage and cargo variance rate, it reduces the waste of social wealth and has great social benefits.
3) Reduce operating expenses and reduce transportation costs. Since the loading and unloading of containers is basically not affected by bad weather, the non-productive berthing time of ships is shortened, and because of the high loading and unloading efficiency, the loading and unloading time is shortened. For shipping companies, it can improve navigation. The rate can reduce the cost of ship transportation, and for the port, it can increase the capacity of berths, thereby increasing throughput and increasing income.
2. High efficiency
The traditional mode of transportation has the disadvantages of many loading and unloading links, high labor intensity, low loading and unloading efficiency, and slow ship turnover. Container shipping has completely changed that.
1) The loading and unloading of ordinary cargo ships is generally about 35 tons per hour, while the loading and unloading of containers can reach about 400 tons per hour, and the loading and unloading efficiency is greatly improved. At the same time, due to the high degree of mechanization of container loading and unloading, the number of loading and unloading workers required for each shift is very small, and the average labor productivity of each worker is greatly improved.
2) Due to the high efficiency of container loading and unloading, less affected by the climate, the stay time of the ship in the port is greatly shortened, so the voyage time of the ship is shortened, the turnover of the ship is accelerated, the sailing rate is greatly improved, and the production efficiency of the ship is increased accordingly, thereby improving the ship transportation. Capacity, without increasing the number of ships, can complete more shipping volume and increase the income of shipping companies, so high efficiency leads to high benefits.
3. High investment
Although container transportation is a highly efficient mode of transportation, it is also a highly capital-intensive industry.
1) Shipping companies have to make huge investments in ships and containers. According to relevant data, the cost per cubic foot of a container ship is about 3.7 to 4 times that of an ordinary cargo ship. The investment in containers is quite large, and the high investment required to carry out container transportation makes the fixed costs account for a considerable proportion of the total cost of the shipping company, as high as more than two-thirds.
2) Port investment in container transportation is also quite large. The terminal facilities for special container berths include the shoreline and front of the terminal, freight yard, freight station, maintenance workshop, control tower, gatehouse, and container handling machinery, etc., which cost a lot of money.
3) In order to carry out container multimodal transport, it is necessary to have corresponding internal and external facilities and inland freight stations, etc. For supporting construction, it is necessary to build, expand, renovate, and update existing roads, railways, bridges, culverts, etc. The investment in this area is even more amazing. It can be seen that without sufficient funds to carry out container transportation, it is difficult to realize containerization. It must be done according to the strength of the country, and finally containerization will be realized.
4. High collaboration
Container transportation involves a wide range of areas, many links, and great influence. It is a complex transportation system project. The container transportation system includes sea transportation, land transportation, air transportation, ports, freight stations, and customs, commodity inspection, shipping agency companies, freight forwarding companies and other units and departments related to container transportation. If they do not cooperate with each other properly, it will affect the function of the entire transportation system. If a certain link fails, it will definitely affect the overall situation, and even lead to a standstill and interruption of transportation production. Therefore, it is required to do a good job in the high degree of cooperation among all links and departments of the entire transportation system.
5. Multimodal transport
Since the container transport is changed between different modes of transport, it is not necessary to move the goods in the box but only need to change the container, which improves the efficiency of the transshipment operation and is suitable for combined transport between different modes of transport. When reloading and transshipping, the customs and relevant supervision units only need to seal or check the seal and transfer to the customs for release, thus improving the transportation efficiency.
Guangzhou Shunhang International Freight Co., Ltd. is a company specializing in international transportation business. It has a professional team with rich experience in cross-border logistics. The price is limited for a limited time, and the service guarantee saves time, worry and effort.